111

Saturday, July 11, 2020

If I lick a stamp is it kosher?

Ulrike Hert: Nope. You're supposed to cut off one of the corners to make it kosher. ;-)Seriously though, lick it all you want - everything is fine, although there may be problems on pesach (passover). I know a rare stamp collector who 'sells' his stamps on Pesach and then 'buys' them back after Pesach.I also hear that in Israel stamps come with a Hechsher, but I'm not sure if that's an urban legend....Show more

Melina Minneweather: It's probably kosher in general, but not during Passover; most stamp adhesive is made from cornstarch.

Otto Lingafelt: Is the glue made out of a horse?

Justin Casten: oh my, I just clicked to check on this, and every answer appeared in html form. What the heck just happened?

Donny Bankson: Food & Drink > Ethnic Cuisine

Douglass Sarley: Only if the stamp is OU certified.

Felicitas Phildor: depends on whether it was killed by a halal butcher

Francisco Schonhardt: I just called the USPS, and they haven't a! clue. Big surprise.

Hal Rouse: Probably not. Rub it on your bacon instead.

Barrett Felicia: If I lick a tramp is she a vegetarian?

No comments:

Post a Comment