111

Thursday, August 20, 2020

How should I resurface my back yard area? Concrete? Screed? Paving?

Charissa Bichsel: Concrete is always the best choice for doing your basement!! you can have more details here... http://www.xtremepolishingsystems.com/

Shaquita Wernicki: Tarmac Screed

Azzie Trembly: Colored compact gravel would be a good choice for what you want, as we have it at the side of our house and it's pleasant to look at, is easily brushable with a broom and it stops weeds and other plants from growing up through it.Good luck anyways !http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Outdoor......Show more

Lucrecia Laurito: Tarmac is not an option because I can't increase the height at all due to the step to my door only being 2 inches high!!!If I put tarmac there then the ground would be heigher than my door step and I wouldn't be able to open my door!!! I suppose I wrote too much in my question and people don't bother to read it....Show more

Merlin Fleischhacker: All the unwanted plants growing from the cracks could be replaced by a hardy, wal! kable, groundcover such as creeping thyme. I am going to be planting it in the spaces between our stone walkway, and though I haven't used it yet, I understand it can take partial shade and lets out a nice aroma when walked upon. It only grows 2-4" so it wouldn't need cut back. Also, I'm thinking some climbing vines might be rather cool on the walls. It would also cover up those pipes! Looking at your photos, I think you've done a great job on the small space you have to work with! Let me know if this helps!...Show more

Lyndon Mattas: The council won't do anything unless there is a 40mm trip hazard. Even if there was such a hazard they would only patch up that little bit. The council will never resurface this area unfortunately. So it's left to me.

Hyo Hardell: This is an environmental hazard and if someone were to fall and get hurt or injured they can sue the owner of that parcel. So contacted the Better Business Bureau. They will have the owner fix it. I! f the owner is smart he won't try to evict you for that, you h! ave a good case.

Janita Tetlow: looking at your pictures, in my opinion, hot laid tarmac is the only solution.Not cold applied but HOT straight from the Tarmac plant,2 or 3 inches which has been rolled properly will make the place look fresh. Concreting is an expensive option cause you would have to remove the old stuff. Good luck,,, Ask your local council how much they would charge, they have the labour and the relevant equipment. Dont get the gypsies to do it, they use cold tarmac

No comments:

Post a Comment