111

Monday, May 18, 2020

Home School/ Graduation Ceremony?

Matt Tiry: Some homeschool support groups organize graduation ceremonies. Often it begins with one student or family who wants to have a graduation ceremony and starts organizing it.Sometimes a single family organizes their own--we've done that--with cap and gown and the works; you can hold it in your home or backyard, or if you want a larger venue, try holding it in a library or place of worship or community center.You can make it as big or small as you like......Show more

Sang Hanafin: There's no reason why the parent can't provide the graduation ceremony.We're having a completely individualized graduation ceremony. We chose a really nice park as the location and we're going to decorate the pavilion and surrounding area with red and gold tablecloths, streamers, balloons, garland, banners, etc. I'll be wearing a red cap and gown with a gold tassel and honor stole that I earned from an honor society I was nominated to. All of my friends (home schooled and public sc! hooled), and family, and of course my boyfriend will be there and when everyone is gathered my mom will say a few words, pass the mic on to an old teacher and family friend who asked to speak, and then to Pomp and Circumstance I'll be presented with my diploma. I'm expected to say a few words as well, so I'm going to write a short speech to thank Mom and others who contributed to my home schooling and talk about how even though I am the only student in my "school" and the only one in a cap and gown today, we are all (my friends and I) learning with each other every day, and I consider them my class, the class of Tomorrow (since not all my friends are graduating in the same year). After the ceremonial bit, there's going to be food and music and it will just be a great party. I'll have my yearbook from the local Home School support group I'm a member of, so I'll be passing it around for my friends and family to sign or look through. You could do something like that. You still! get to share the moment with friends and family, but you're i! n the spotlight and get to make it perfect for you and your family. Or you could also see if there's a local support group or co-op in your area that does graduation ceremonies every year. There are a lot of them out there. Ours does, but we're going the individual rout....Show more

Tobie Oshea: Do an online search for groups in your area. I know that here near Atlanta GA, there are several groups that organize both proms and graduation ceremonies.

Julieta Suleiman: many times that style of situation is accomplished by community homeschool institutions and co-ops relatively than individual courses, except they have a huge adequate enrollment (and insist for it) in an area.

Lou Ravelo: Check out your local state homeschooling group. I know here in Indiana they do offer this.

No comments:

Post a Comment